Monday, May 3, 2010

Awaken Church is under water


Sometime today the Cumberland River hit 13 feet above flood stage. I think that number was before it actually hit its highest point. Awaken Church lost everything except their expensive electronic equipment which was located high in the building. The shop owner next door had a boat that they took the equipment out in. I know Kevin will blog more details, but thought you'd want to know this much. They appreciate everyone's prayers so much. Kevin says he is getting a great workout swimming to help with rescuing stuff from Lassiters too! One Lassiters store is located very near Awaken Church.

As I worked out at Curves today I could just imagine the Curves in Clarksville that I have been to. It is in the same parking lot as the church. As I got on each piece of equipment I could picture where the water is on that equipment in Clarksville. Curves is blocked from view by the poster in this last photo.

It is hard to imagine how much damage there is in Clarksville, Nashville and surrounding areas. Mind boggling that that much water can fall in 48 hours.

No comments: