Saturday, August 14, 2010

A long day driving

Here are a few pics from my day and a little recap. I left ABQ about 8am and arrived at my hotel about 9:30pm (10:30 AR time).

Brutus cried almost the whole way to Amarillo, TX. After that he would make it about 90 miles past a walking break and start crying again. Once we hit OK City I guess he gave up. No more crying, just happy when we got out. Buddy was fine in his crate all day. And of course happy for walks too.

The abandoned gas station is one place I stopped for Brutus. I thought he was desperate to poop or something. He only wanted out. So no more emergency stops. I picked places like 'Love's' the rest of the day.

I ate jerky and dried apples and a couple cookies throughout the day. It was much too hot to go in somewhere to eat and leave the dogs in the car. Got something to drink each time I gassed up. That worked out well.

I made it all the way to Russlleville, AR by 9:30 MST. I drove just under 800 miles today. That leaves just over 400 miles for Sunday. So I will sleep until I wake up and enjoy a free breakfast, then hit the road bound for Nashville and Donna's place!

As you can see I have my air mattress set up on top of the bed I rented for the night. It is nearly midnight here in AR. So I am off to sleep!

No comments: