Monday, September 22, 2008

New York! New York!!





My kids talked me into blogging. I'm not so sure my life is interesteing enough to keep this up - but we'll see how it goes.
Kara and I spent the last week in New York. We have wanted to go for a long time. Since she moved to Brazil this week, we decided a NY fling as a send off would be fun.
Boy was it ever! We walked our feet off, got quite good at riding the subway, survived a week in a hostel in Harlem (it was a great place to stay), saw all the traditional sights and 2 shows on Broadway. I couldn't have asked for a better week in NY . . or a better person to see it with.
In case you are ever in the positon of deciding between Mama Mia or Mary Poppins - Mary Poppins was by far the better play - 'practically perfect in every way' and stunning too!
We ended the week with our goodbye - both trying not to cry. She helped me get my luggage to the bus and I rode to Laguardia and flew home. Kara went back to the hostel and loaded her bags in a taxi and flew out of JFK airport. We each left with a whole bunch of great memories!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

i definitely disagree. Your life is definitely interestig enough to blog about! I look forward to reading and seeing it since I also get to hear it!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you for taking this big step and being adventurous! Now I just need to get my family to blog a little bit. My goal is one person at a time and you're the first one! I love you bunches! Great job on your first blog! I was so excited to see you even had pictures up!!! YAY!