Thursday, July 22, 2010

Clarksville, TN - my new home





























It has been an exciting week in Clarksville. I interviewed for a home care nurse position on Monday. They offered me the job on Wednesday and I signed the offer on Thursday. I start on August 23! Right after signing those papers Jenn & I met my realtor for some serious house shopping. We looked at about 8 homes. The last one said "This is it!" as soon as I saw it. I really think it is the cutest house in Clarksville! I made an offer which they countered with very minor changes. Tomorrow we will finalize the offer. So, unless God does something to stop the process, 278 Harold Dr. will soon be my new home! The bottom photo is the front of the house. On the top is the living room looking at the bay window and the view out the back from the deck. Also included is a picture of the kitchen and the back of the house. It is 1500 square feet, 4 bedrooms, warm and welcoming! It was built in 2005.

I had not planned on moving out to TN quite so soon, but the job is really just right for me and I would lose the opportunity if I did not take it. I turned in my 2 weeks notice by phone today and emailed a letter of resignation tonight. My last day at Cedar OB/GYN is August 6. Then I will spend about a week packing and closing out my life in New Mexico. I hope to time it so I can close the day I arrive in TN. That way I only have to unload a truck once.

So now all the details! How to get my stuff to TN will be my biggest thing to figure out. I also want to put a doggie door in the house and a small fenced area off the deck for the dogs. I have notified Greenbriar that I am vacating. They will begin showing the place next week. It is in the prettiest area of Greenbriar and has some extras that should make it very attractive to someone who would want a 3 bedroom. I do not anticipate any trouble getting it sold quickly.
Boy will I need a mower! Lilac bushes are going in soon too! This will be the prettiest place I have ever lived.

So pray for me for wisdom in figuring out all the details. I have felt God's guidance in all of this. I am excited to see the rest unfold.

No comments: