Saturday, January 3, 2009

I stand amazed

Some of you know most of this, but I really thought I ought to write it all down. I blogged in early December that my dream job was going away as of Dec 31. I have called this job my dream job because it is no evenings, no weekends, no holidays, no call and only 4 (9 hour) days a week. When I went to HR to see what I could apply for there was absolutely nothing like it available. I either had to work full time salaried (my definition is free overtime) or go back to 12 hour shifts. I knew God was in control, but I was feeling a little discouraged. I thanked God for the 2 incredible years I have had at Kaseman and told Him I knew He was in control and He would have to guide my choice because nothing availble looked anything like the hours I have had. I told Him - "I don't know what you are going to provide or how, but help me be open to what you are doing." Then I began interviewing. I interviewed for a full time (free overtime) postion in care coordination that I probably would have enjoyed, but it would be hard to get school done with the hours I would put in. I also interviewed for a position in urgent care, which would have been interesting, but the 12 hours shifts are often 14 - 15 hour shifts and it would be back to working weekends. I also agreed to an interview in a OB/GYN clinic for a full time (get paid for overtime) position. I told her before I went that I was more interested in 4 days a week, but since I like OB/GYN I was willing to consider it.

When I showed up for the interview one of the first things she said was, "There has been an interesting turn of events. They won't let me hire for the position you came to interview for today." Then she proceeded to tell me that since I was interested in 4 days a week, she had a 3 day a week LPN position posted that she could try to get upgraded to a 4 day a week RN position if I roomed for Dr. Stuart 3 days a week and did triage 1 day a week. I met the people working at the clinic and and got more excited by the minute. Long story short (sort of!) I was offered (and accepted) a job they (God) created especially for me - four 8 hour days a week, no evenings, no weekends, no holidays, no call!!

I really do stand amazed at the hand of God and how He took care of this for me. It is a cut in hourly pay and a cut in 4 hours a week. But I am debt free! so it will be ok and I will still be able to be committed at church, work on school and be gramma. What an astounding miracle!!

So Wednesday Dec 31st I shut down the Kaseman PASS unit and left my keys on the desk for Wille. This Monday, Jan 5th I will report to work at my NEW dream job! Happy New Year!

No comments: