Monday, January 12, 2009

Orientation

Today starts my second week of orientation on my new job. I found out last week when I showed up that she wants me working Mon thru Fri for these 2 weeks, no week day off. I was surprised but I'm okay with that so we can get orientation accomplished. I really like the people I am working with. They are a friendly staff and very helpful. I have already learned a lot! Today I start orienting to triage. My triage days will be very different from the days rooming for Dr. Stuart. The variety will ne nice. I really like Dr. Stuart! She will be so good to work with.

What I had not bargained for the the long work week last week and this week. I am so used to only 4 days of work each week - usually about 36 hours. Last week I did almost 50 hours and it will be similar this week. So I slept in and even took a couple naps this weekend! I did manage to get some school work done, but not the volume I am used to. That's ok - it'll come.

No comments: