Sunday, January 4, 2009

Reflections




After returning Emery to her mom & dad I had a quiet afternoon/evening at home. I have had some time to think and reflect on the amazing God we serve. A month ago I thought it would be my first Christmas without Kara. I thought my job was secure at Kaseman. I have talked to God (sort of complained) about not having a friend to just be a spur of the moment let's-go-do-something-friend. I thought I'd get plenty of school work done even in the midst of the holiday busyness. Instead Kara was home, I've not done any homework since the week of Thanksgiving, I closed the Kaseman PASS unit and start a new job tomorrow. I had a great dinner on the spur of the moment with a new friend on Friday!

I read Kara's blog from today. I spent a little time talking with Kevin & Jenn this afternoon. I'm reading a book about Jewish history that takes place in the time of the end of World War 2. We live and breathe and move because God allows us to do so. Apart from Him, life has no meaning. I pray that as 2009 progresses I will be very careful to tune into Him, listen for Him throughout each day and carefully walk the path He sets before me. He has a plan that I really can't fathom. He has ways of making His plan happen in my life that I would never expect. I want to cultivate joy in myself and others at the little (and big!) miracles that happen day in and day out. If I'm not looking for for them, I might miss them. Lord enlighten my heart and eyes that I will be sensitive to your working in my every day life!
Eph 1:18-19 "I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, and what is the surpassing greatness of His power toward us who believe."
By the way - the pictures are of Emery wearing my "Elmo socks" as she calls them. They really don't have anything to do with the blog except perhaps that she is a little miracle in my life!

1 comment:

Kevin said...

great words! It's cool to hear what God is doing in your life!